Please read our bulletin creating awareness about Ovarian Cancer.
Click on link to find out more information World Ovarian Cancer Day 8th May 2018
- Early stages of ovarian can cancer often have no obvious symptoms or symptoms frequently attributed to other causes . Symptoms can include bloating, eating- feeling full, pelvic pain , urinary symptoms-frequency/urgency
- Most women are diagnosed in the advanced stages of the disease.
- There is no early detection test for Ovarian cancer.
- An early detection test would help improve the five year survival rates as patients can be treated earlier.
- In Australia the five year survival rate for Ovarian cancer is 43% whereas the five year survival rate for Breast Cancer is 90%.
- An increase in research funding is required to help researchers find an early detection test.